Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Summer mornings are the sweetest thing

We have always done the same thing for the boys in the morning; chocolate almond milk, a granola bar, and a cartoon. It's the same almost every day. In summer though, it just feels sweeter. The cartoons seem better. The snuggles are longer. We are all more relaxed. 

The house is still covered in yesterday's adventures. The dishes need to be done and the couch cushions never seem to stay on the couch. We only worry with such things when we absolutely have to. The boys get to roll around being lazy. I get to drink as much coffee as I want. It's the best.



This week is super busy so I am trying to fit in as much quiet time as I can. The morning time is non negotiable. We love the pool, the lake, and the time at friends houses. The morning routine though is my favorite part of the day. It may be due to my love of coffee, or my desire for my boys to stay small, or maybe it's just not worth the energy to analyze. It is only 8am after all! 

Tell me, how is your summer morning going? I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment