Thursday, April 16, 2015

26 school days till summer!

Now that spring break is over, the countdown till summer has begun. How much fun are we going to have? All the fun!!

We make a list at about this time every year. Most of the things we are going to do will have to happen earlier in the summer before the heat really takes over. Some things we just do as we go, but one thing that we are going to do is go to the beach again. This time we booked a hotel and not a campsite! We are surprising Andrew for his birthday again, so don't tell him!

Here are a few things that we are hoping to do:

Catch lightning bugs
Grow a garden
Set up an ultimate slip and slide
Camp... in the backyard
Go see fireworks
Set up a lemonade stand
Climb Stone Mountain
Go fishing
Have picnics at the pool

I love summer break. I am very lucky to be able to be a work from home mom. These times with the kiddos are the best. Sometimes it feels like I want to run away to a neighbors magic deck, but most of the time it just feels like magic to me. Don't get me wrong, I struggle everyday with my need to be better organized. I just had to accept that my house will never be clean, my hair will only look good one day a week, and most days I don't even get to poop by myself.

The summer is a reward for all the hard work we all put in during the school year. The kids have blueberry bushes, tomatoes and cucumbers out back. That plus a water hose is snack time in the summer. They have great- grandparents and grandparents that will be getting lots of visits. They have time to be kids. That makes my time to be their momma easier.

Here's to the summer time countdown! Hope the last weeks of school go by quick and your summer begins with fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment