Sunday, September 14, 2014

Another week down!

Holy crap guys! Did you know that September is halfway over! Last week was a blur for me. I worked out 4 out of seven days, but twice on Monday. That counts for something right? I ran out of my smoothie mix. Some other members of my family have been dipping into it! I don't mind though because it they are getting healthy with me. It makes this whole process so much easier.

Now, some things I have noticed with regular use of these smoothies and regular exercise: I am drinking my coffee black after years of adding half and half, I am becoming more aware of feeling full, I stay at a steady energy level, and I am not raiding the fridge after dinner for something sweet. My mom dropped off some cookies that I would have saved until the boys went to bed. I would have gone back downstairs after they were asleep and devoured them. I gave them away! I didn't want them! I feel like I have turned the corner with my relationship with food. I have not turned to food so far this month for comfort. When I have felt sad or upset, I have not overindulged in something high in fat and sugar. I have talked it out. It has been ugly and ridiculous at times.  I have noticed my pants are a little bit more loose and my shirts are fitting better too!

In family news: We went apple picking last week. My favorite fall activity! Last year I made some awesome apple butter and I plan to make some more this year. There will also be pie... I am going to have to be careful with that though. Apple pie is kind of a weakness, but then again any pie seems to be a weakness. If you are one of my neighbors I might be turning into the pie fairy.


This month has been great so far and I still have more to go. Everyone I have run into has been so supportive and given such kind words of encouragement. Thank you for reading! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment