Saturday, August 16, 2014

Sorry to the people in the grocery store!

Yesterday was one of those days where I needed everyone to agree with me and tell me I am awesome. 

What? Did you just laugh at me? I can hear you!

My baby pulled one of those "I am going to cry and make everyone stare at me" moments yesterday at the store. I was a mean mommy and just let him cry. Turns out, being more stubborn does not work. He will win that game. Solution: open the granola bars and put food in the screaming hole. That was at 9am, so the rest of the day I was just on edge.

Says I am more beautiful
than flowers.
I am learning to have a thick skin with Gabe. It is a bit of a challenge for me. I feel as though my first child was meant to show me kindness and compassion through his eyes. Gabe is different. He is teaching me strength. He is teaching me independence. His methods are a little extreme, but he is my child.
Favorite words: "Bye bye mommy!"

Kids are our best teachers in that way. They are so good at mirroring our flaws and magnifying them. We can fight and try and win, but then we will always be at war with them and ourselves. I choose to grow! I choose to learn! Thank you children for forcing me to do grown up things!

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment