Sunday, August 3, 2014

Camping with my crazies

Well, summer is almost at an end. So we decided to go for it and take a "vacation". So many of my family warned me that this was a crazy idea. It sure was. No worries. We all made it out alive, bug bitten and sun scorched, but alive.

We had to go. We needed this time together. Andrew had his big birthday party with his friends and family. It was wonderful! We are always so thankful when people want to celebrate our children. This time though was about us as a family. I wanted to see everyone relaxed and happy and I did. Then we tried to go to bed and I saw everyone sweaty and cranky. My hubby is such a trooper. The baby slept on him most of the night and it was rough.

We left the house at 1am. We made it to the ocean at 7:30am. The weather was amazing. The ocean was just the right temperature. No one was on the beach. I could not have asked for a better day at the beach. We played in the water, went on a seashell hunt, and built a sandcastle. Dustin and the baby took a nap on the beach.

When we got to the campsite, we were inundated with mosquitoes. It was not the most enjoyable camping trip I had ever been on, but it was our first as a family so we had not very much to go on. I don't think we will try to go camping again until Gabe is about three. He is kind of a maniac at bedtime so he just ran in circles until he passed out on Dustin. I will however wake up at midnight and ride in a car to arrive at the beach by sunrise. That was wonderful.

We took this trip as a reset button. Last week we got the news that Dustin's application for the fire department has been closed. That means we have to wait until next year to apply again. This was very disappointing news and we felt like we needed to run away for a little while. We are hoping that he will be able to make it next year, but until then we are just going to keep on truckin'. Whenever I get bad news, I tend to retreat to my guys. My husband makes me so very happy and I am so proud to be his wife. My kids keep a smile on my face (most of the time) and my mind off of my troubles. I want to thank everyone who kept us in their prayers and thoughts during the interview process. We felt so supported and loved. I will be asking for more of that should he apply next year.

On a more delightful and positive note, I have more time now to dedicate to my blog and my fantastic Juice Plus business. I have some great ideas many more things to post about. I don't think I will leave you hanging for so long again. It is not good for me! I have to get all this crazy out of my head so more crap can fill it up. Thanks again so much for reading and being so supportive.


 For those of you who are interested in Juice Plus

1 comment:

  1. I knew about the skeeters! They are vicious and relentless down there! I know that Andrew will remember that day for ever!!! Here's to the next generation's memories of Jekyl Island! (clank, clank)

    ReplyDelete